Friday, December 30, 2011

Updated interface- where's that damned dislike button?

Blogspot users must've seen the new updated interface. Did you like it? I didn't. Nope. The reason I chose Blogspot over WordPress was that blogger is more simple. Although I would have loved to use WordPress when it has features like password protection to individual posts or keeping a particular post private. I did not start my blog at WordPress because I found it's editor and dashboard a little clumsy to work on. On the other hand blogger was simple and seemed very easy to use. Not anymore.
Over time there were many changes made to it and they were good.Such as editor was updated- nice change. New templates were added- nice work. Advanced template editor- very nice indeed. New updated interface- not nice, because:




It messed up my 2 drafts.
Scheduled posts feature is not working properly. No sir!
It looks, rather it actually is confusing.
It messed up my 2 drafts.
They STILL haven't added the reply to individual comments feature. Is it that tough?
It messed up my 2 drafts.I can write on and on about why I don't like this new interface. But right now I'm mad as it messed up my 2 drafts. It would've been much better if they had added the feature where I can reply to comments individually. It really sucks to scroll up->read comment->scroll down->write name of the commenter->reply->scroll up again->read comment and thus repeat the cycle again. It's very annoying; specially when you have 3 blogs. Blogspot people have been ignoring this request from users for too long now. And no, please don't suggest me to use commentluv or discuss. I won't use it, every time I see a blogspot blog using any of these, it looks like a boob job gone wrong. You know, like morphing Pamela Anderson's assets on Paris Hilton's body. Creepy indeed! This is irksome. And I can't believe it messed up my 2 drafts.

0 comments: